Front Cover Checklist
2. Subtitle (Optional)
3. Author Name
4. Subject Matter
6. Trim Size: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" or 6" x 9" or other trim size
7. Printer/Publisher/Distributor: KDP is recommended, a free service. www.kdp.amazon.com (Likely the most popular and effective source for independent authors.)
Back Cover Checklist (No rush - We can do this after front cover approval)
1. Summary/Sales Copy
2. Author Bio (Optional)
3. Author Photo (Optional)
4. Endorsements (Optional)
5. Final Formatted Page Count
6. Pages: White or Cream Paper? (Cream paper is slightly thicker and will affect the spine width.)
7. ISBN number and barcode (KDP will do this for you for free.)
How it Works
2. Cover Sketches: 1-3 or More
3. Approval and/or Further Discussion
4. High Resolution Front Cover
5. Back Cover Text and Design
6. Production Consultation
Turn-around time for front cover can average around two weeks, sometimes much sooner. Sometimes longer if no deadline or if complicated changes.
Spine Width (No Rush—We Can Do This After Cover Approval)
For us to determine the spine width for your paperback, we must know the final page count. But to know the final page count, your book will have to be formatted. The formatting can be done for free by you within your KDP account which is also free, and they will assist you. Or you can hire an interior formatter, I have a referral.
Three Things I Need to Know
Technically, as the designer of your paperback, I need to know:
1. Trim Size: 6"x 9"? 5.5"x 8.5"? Other?
2. Final formatted page count? (No rush, this can come after cover design.)
3. Paper color: Cream or white? Cream paper is slightly thicker, and affects the spine width. Usually they say cream for fiction and white for nonfiction, but it's entirely up to you.
Christian Pictures Website
This new site shown at the right is not strictly for book cover design, but its related visual ideas could help spark your imagination for marketing, promotion, advertising, screen savers, prints, etc. Or browse the site just for fun! www.ChristianPictures.net
Interior Design Formatting
I am pleased to announce that I am now offering Interior Design Formatting. The up front Interior Design fee is $400. This includes paperback and /or hardcover, and complete production consultation. Design-Intensive Interiors (with elements such as photos and illustrations and charts) are offered for an additional $400. (Kindle is offered for free thru KDP.)
Dickinson Press Award
UMPH Award for Achievement
UMPH Award for Performance
Made in the USA
Major Credit Cards Honored
Thanks for visiting Book Cover Design.
Let's turn your ideas into reality!